2023年5月24日星期三

What Happens When You Quit Social Media? 6 Things I Learned

 What Happens When You Quit Social Media? 6 Things I Learned

Here are 6 things I've learned from quitting social media:

  1. You have more time - Not mindlessly scrolling through feeds gives you back chunks of time throughout the day that you can spend more intentionally.b550 vs x570

  2. You compare yourself less - Without constantly seeing curated highlights of others' lives, I find myself getting sucked into envy and comparison much less.

  3. You have deeper connections - Without social media as a "crutch", I've found myself reaching out and having more meaningful conversations with friends and family.

  4. You feel less distracted - There's one less thing vying for my attention all the time. I can focus more fully on the present moment and the things right in front of me.

  5. You care less about "likes" - Removing that intermittent social validation and feedback loop frees you from thinking about how many "likes" or shares your content gets.

  6. You worry less about missing out - Fomo thrives on social media. But quitting makes you realize there actually wasn't that much worthwhile to "miss" in the first place.

Overall it's been very freeing and liberating to step away. I've found myself more engaged with life as it happens right in front of me, rather than through the filtered lens of social media.Chuwi hipad pro

There are still downsides at times - it can make you feel more "out of the loop" or disconnected from certain people/events. But for me the benefits have far outweighed any drawbacks.

So in short, quitting social media has given me back more time, less distraction, and a feeling of greater peace and presence. I'd highly recommend giving it a try, even if just for a short break - you may be surprised by what you discover.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions about my experience quitting social media.

没有评论:

发表评论

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。

Also Read: