2018年10月11日星期四

Hackers Can Take Control Of Your WhatsApp Just With A Video Call: Update Now



Natalie Silvanovich, a Google Project Zero security researcher, has uncovered a critical security flaw in WhatsApp. The flaw could allow a notorious actor to make a video call and take complete control of your messaging application.


The bug report of the flaw states: “Heap corruption can occur when the WhatsApp mobile application receives a malformed RTP (Real-time Transport Protocol) packet.” This results in the crashing of WhatsApp app.

The Hacker News notes that the web client of WhatsApp remains unaffected by the flaw as it uses WebRTC for video call, instead of RTP.

The bug report further mentions that both the Android and iPhone applications are affected by the flaw. It also describes the steps to reproduce the issue.

The latest version of WhatsApp has fixed the issue; the Android version received the fix on September 28 and iPhone version got the same on October 3. It goes without saying that it’s advisable for you to update your apps in case you haven’t done so in past weeks.

Also Read: 5 Best No Crop Apps for WhatsApp & Instagram to Post Full Size Pics

How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Message on Android or iPhone

How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages on Android from/without Backup

1 条评论:

  1. I can’t say much but with my experience through divorce, I had no one until I met hackingsetting50@gmail.com online then I contacted him, surprisingly he helped me hack into my partner's phone and all his social media platforms and i can now access everything and even documented and printed stuffs to show as evidence , now I’m happy with my kids and working for Riches. I hope this helps anyone in need.

    Thanks.

    回复删除

注意:只有此博客的成员才能发布评论。

Also Read: